Prime focus of position
The Senior Office Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the Chairman’s Office. He / she reports directly to the Chairman and is responsible for liaising with all stakeholders, Chief Officers and members of staff to ensure that the Chairman is well briefed and prepared for meetings.
- Working closely with management and members of staff to be able to then provide the best advice to the Chairman.
- Working closely with the Chairman to make the best use of time by ensuring that secretarial and administrative tasks are met;
- Liaising with the appropriate members of staff to arrange travel and accommodation for the Chairman, including travelling with the Chairman to take note or dictation at meetings, or to provide general assistance during presentations; and
- Delegating work to Chiefs in the absence of the Chairman as well as to members of staff to ensure that his administrative requirements are met;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Carry out background research and presenting findings into subjects the Chairman is dealing with;
- Organising and attending meetings, and ensuring the Chairman is well-informed and prepared for meetings;
- Take appropriate and persistent follow-ups on action items as required by the Chairman;
- Co-ordination of work streams and liaising with all stakeholders internally and externally;
- Co-ordination of support staff within the Chairman’s office to ensure that the following are properly managed:
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them appropriately;
- Welcoming and looking after visitors;
- Organising and maintaining the Chairman’s diary / calendar and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post and handling confidential correspondence;
- Dealing with correspondence and writing letters, proof reading correspondence and taking dictation and minutes;
- Carrying out specific projects and research; and
- Participates in meetings.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- A diploma level of education coupled with at least 5 years of proven work experience in similar post;
- Well-developed organisational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Maltese and English) and interpersonal skills;
- Tact and diplomacy, duty of care, and sensitivity to the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity;
- Preferably have knowledge of the mission and mandate of the Authority and the sectors it regulates;
- Proficiency in the latest suite of office automation tools;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and work efficiently with senior management.