Prime Focus of Position:
- Accountable to the Chief Information Officer and responsible for the planning, organising, implementing and controlling of information technology initiatives in support of the operational role of the Malta Communications Authority (MCA).
- Provides technical expertise, knowledge together with operational and end-user support to the MCA Units on all information and communications technology matters.
- Participates and contributes towards the achievement of MCA objectives across all operational units.
- Supports the MCA in initiatives related to the Information Society and e-Commerce.
- Derives, implements and maintains an up to date IT/IS strategy and policy for the MCA.
- Designs, develops and supports applications and related procedures based around the MS Sharepoint product set to process data and resolve business problems.
- Involvement in the design, development and deployment of web applications based on Sharepoint Forms/.NET technology, from specification, through testing to implementation and following quality standards and processes.
- Ensures the correct functioning of the organisation’s IT systems at all times.
- Assists in the management of information plans, through systematic identification of information needs, and of the associated risks and benefits; thereby driving organisation-wide information sharing.
- Devises, implements and maintains an adequate security policy to ensure safety, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Forward looking planning and performing network upgrades, updates, re-designs and enhancements.
- Develops and implements IT and IS training and awareness strategies within the MCA.
- Develops and ensures the appropriateness and integrity of records and knowledge management tools and systems.
- Performs any other task assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
Essential skills required and Selection criteria:
- Diploma or higher (EQF level 5) in Computing or IT.
- Experience with the Microsoft platform.
- SQL experience (MS SQL).
- Experience of backup/restore solutions.
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory technologies.
- Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint.
- General networking principles.
- Knowledge of database reporting and object oriented programming desirable.
- Knowledge of document management systems and Intranet principles preferably Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create clear and concise process documentation.
- A responsible, methodical and organised approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team.
- A recognised qualification in information technology or related field.
Vacancy Closing Date:
Tuesday 2nd May 2017